Smoked Salmon and Zucchini Quiche in Buckwheat Crust
Smoked Salmon and Zucchini Quiche in Buckwheat Crust Recipe
enjoyable back to our website, a website that serves cuisine concerning the world. It will not tone unchangeable if you meet the associates reach not discuss the matter of processed cooking. dishes that can be made into special dishes. But what needs to be considered is the exaggeration of processing. consequently we present specifically for every ladies. Recipe recipes. Let's try
This is a delicious variation with buckwheat crust of my other smoked salmon and zucchini quiche, that tastes absolutely terrific and simply melts in your mouth!
Buckwheat has a bold and nutty flavor that compliments smoked salmon beautifully. It's a tasty gluten-free flour that's readily available in your local health food store or online.
Serves 8Preparation: 20 minuteCooking: 25-35 minutes
For the Crust:
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 11/4 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3-4 tbsp. cold water
For the Quiche:
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 large zucchinis
- 8 oz. Alaska wild-caught smoked salmon
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 5 eggs
- 4 oz. crème fraîche
- 8 oz. milk
- 1 tbsp. Herbes de Provence
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
Making the quiche crust:
- In a mixing bowl stir together flour, chia seeds, and salt.
- Cut in butter until the pieces are the size of small peas.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water over part of the mixture and gently toss with a fork.
- Continue until all is moistened.
- Form dough into a ball.
- To make the crust in a blender: place flour, chia seeds, salt, and butter in the bowl of your blender.
- Pulse until a coarse meal is formed.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at the time while blending continuously until dough forms a ball.
Making the quiche:
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Roll out dough and place in a 9-inch pie dish.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Add zucchini and garlic and sauté until zucchini is tender.
- Cut salmon in bite-size pieces and add to zucchini. Sauté for two minutes.
- Remove from heat and arrange on the crust. Sprinkle with crumbled goat cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until frothy. Add crème fraîche and milk, Herbes de Provence and salt, and mix well.
- Pour egg mixture over zucchini and salmon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Allow cooling for 10 minutes before serving. This quiche is just as delicious served cold the next day.