Spinach And Feta Quiche
Spinach And Feta Quiche Recipe
Spinach and feta quiche is one of those basic foods that cost an absurd price for a tiny slice when you place an order in a restaurant. I always crave for more as the portion is never enough. However, even if quiche seems fancy, it’s very simple to prepare and you can always customize the ingredients to your taste. Here is some "fresh seasonal" ingredients list for today's spinach feta quiche:
- 1 frozen (thawing) deep-dish pie shell
- 1⁄3 cup of butter
- 1 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 (10 ounces) box frozen chopped spinach (thawed & squeezed dry)
- 1 small chopped onion
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 4 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 6 ounces of feta cheese with dried basil and tomato (crumbled)
- 1 (4 ounces) jar sliced and drained mushrooms
- Salt & pepper
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Saute the onion and garlic in butter in a large pan for app. 5 minutes or until just soft.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 4 oz. cheddar, the feta cheese, mushrooms, and spinach.
- Mix well and place it into the pie crust.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Pour over spinach mixture, poking holes to allow the egg mixture to seep inches.
- Bake for 15 minutes
- Top with the remaining 4 oz. cheddar and continue baking for 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.