Healthy Potato and Bacon Crust Quiche
Healthy Potato Bacon Crust Quiche
This Bacon and Potato Crust Quiche is simple to prepare and adds a great delight to a holiday brunch or dinner. The onion, broccoli and potatoes mix with bacon make a terrific scrumptious quiche filling. Adding up the Swiss cheese gives this potato bacon quiche just the perfect amount of cheese relish.
- 4 cups coarsely shredded raw potatoes (4 large pieces)
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (no salt to a just a pinch for low sodium diet person's)
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (accordingly)
- Dash ground nutmeg (or ginger and cinnamon)
- Combine all of the crust ingredients in a large bowl and press into a well-greased, 10-in deep-dish pie plate.
- Bake at 400° for around 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower the heat to 350°.
- Add 1 cup cheese, onion, ham and broccoli to crust.
- Whisk the eggs, cream, salt and nutmeg then pour over the broccoli.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes (check by inserting a knife in the centre and comes out clean).
- Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Let it cool off for 5 minutes before serving.
1Piece contains approximately:
- 358 calories
- 15g fat (8g saturated fat)
- 155 mg cholesterol
- 833 mg sodium
- 35 g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fibre)
- 18g protein.
Potato and bacon crust quiche is easy to make partly or entirely beforehand and leftovers can be consumed simply heated in the microwave. You can still eat it straight out of the fridge for a quick meal during a hectic day.